Oxford City Council has announced its Local Plan 2040 Consultation is now live.
The purpose of the plan is to tackle the climate change emergency and produce more affordable homes.
What are the proposed policies?
The Council is putting forward the following requirements:
- All new homes and businesses to be net zero carbon in operation
- All major developments to plant more trees, hedges and other greenery to meet new minimum standards
- Developments consisting of 10 or more homes to provide at least 40% as affordable housing
- Large developments to establish and deliver a plan to employ local people and deliver affordable workspaces
- Allowing homes to be built on all employment sites for the first time
When will the consultation close?
Feedback should be submitted before the consultation closes on Friday 5 January 2024.
Further information on the consultation and instructions on submitting your comments can be found on the Oxford Local Plan page.
If you’re a landowner or developer seeking assistance with site promotion in Oxford or would like support with representations, get in contact with our team on 01865 731700 or email us via firstname.lastname@example.org.